As the temperatures warm up, I’m restless to get outside for a picnic. This veggie-packed, pasta salad is a perfect side for a spring or summer meal. What makes this pasta salad the best is the delicious marinade, all the garden veggies that can be added and the fact that it can be made in advance and refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
Here’s the ingredients:
1 1lb. bag of pasta ( I use half a bag of both small shells and multi-color pasta spirals.)
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
1 small can of black olives, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
Recommended optional Ingredients:
1 onion, diced (I like to use a red onion, but opt out occasionally for the sake of my kiddo.)
1 zucchini, peeled and sliced
1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
Ingredients for Marinade:
1 tbs. Parsley flakes
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tbs. prepared mustard
1 tbs. garlic salt
Start by dicing and chopping all the vegetables you plan to use.
Second Step: Boil the pasta according to the package directions.
Third Step: While the pasta is cooking make the marinade dressing in a medium mixing boil.
Fourth: After the pasta is finished cooking, drain and add the veggies to the cooked pasta. Then pour the marinade over the the pasta/ veggie mixture.
- 1 lb. bag of pasta (Or half a bag of two different pasta- small shells and multi-color spirals)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 small can of black olives, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tbs. parsley flakes
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbs. prepared mustard
- 1 tbs. garlic salt
- Dice or chop all vegetables.
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions, then drain and add vegetables.
- Prepare Marinade in a medium mixing bowl and pour over the pasta/ veggie mixture, toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.